The world is currently facing an epidemic of physical inactivity.
In the last fifty years the amount of exercise that children and adults participate in has steadily decreased, resulting in serious consequences.
The human body is designed to move, and there are significant links between physical inactivity and a wide range of diseases such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease and cancer. In fact, physical inactivity leads to around 37,000 premature deaths a year in the UK alone. Research has shown that just 51% of children reach the daily activity target for young people, this is indeed very worrying.
“All children and young people should engage in moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity for at least 60 minutes and up to several hours every day…Vigorous intensity activities, including those that strengthen muscle and bone, should be incorporated at least three days a week.”
Here at iDEA we want want to help solve the universal problem of inactivity, and we believe that together we can all be part of the solution. Join us in the revolution!
Today’s world wants today’s technology, so using the latest in on demand streaming we deliver the latest trends across multiple devices. iDEA encourages people to get active - physically, mentally and socially.
The Benefits Of Activity
The benefits of activity are almost too many to number. They include…
- Improvements in physical and mental wellbeing
- Development of mental capacity leading to improvements in memory, concentration and academic ability
- Encourages improvements in interpersonal relationships and stronger social bonds
- Improvements in teamwork and other life and social skills
- Financial benefits due to improved performance, productivity and reduced sickness